It’s official, I am 24. I never really thought I would ever be anything other than 20, but here I am. One year older and one year…wiser? It has been an amazing year for me, my business & for my husband and I. Even though year 23 was so good, I am pretty excited to see what year 24 brings. Here are 24 things you maybe didn’t know about me:
1. I love reality tv. Keeping up with the kardashians, the bachelor, life of Kylie, Dallas cowboys, you name it. I freaking love a good reality tv show and I get so invested.
2. I am an introverted extrovert. It depends completely who I am around and how comfortable I am with you. If I am super comfortable, you’ll see an extrovert. If I am a little uneasy, I am high key introverted. BUT on the wedding day, I am an extrovert. Theres not really any other choice for me than to be an extrovert when I am constantly directing a million people! I think becoming a wedding photographer is what pushed me out of my comfort zone in all parts of life. It helped me make relationships, push myself in uncomfortable situations at school & helped me develop professional relationships when communicating with people.
3. I started shooting weddings without knowing a thing about shooting weddings. Not one thing. I just went for it. I don’t even think I knew how to shoot manual.
4. I use all apple products & I will never switch over. I am an apple lover for life. I also am really good and smashing my apple products so I always have apple care.
5. I get more done when I get ready. If I just put my make up on and do my hair, I will get so much more done in the day than if I do not. I also am high key obsessed with make up. I don’t know a ton about it, but my bank account sure hates me for it. I wear all Becca’s line right now & obsess over it.
6. I don’t like to cook. I don’t like to bake. My husband is 100xs better at both of those things. I hope one day I will enjoy it because my mom and sister are so dang good at it, but I just don’t love it. I’d rather order in.
7. I have never even tried alcohol.
8. I have never even tried coffee.
9. I take a bath every single day. My day is not complete without a good long bath.
10. In high school I started a fashion blog. I was really interested in bloggers & looking back I wish I went for it. At that time fashion blogging wasn’t huge yet & I probably could have done pretty good in it. But people judged me hard and I was totally embarrassed and stopped.
11. I am obsessed with home decor and decorating. In another life I would be an interior designer. I spend so much time looking for house stuff and love making my house feel like a home. I spend way too much money on my home, that is for sure.
12. I make my bed every single day. Even if it’s 8pm at night, I will make my bed just to make sure that I did it that day. It helps me feel like I accomplished something each day.
13. I am a huge home body. I love just being comfy at home.
15. I drink a lot of diet coke.
16. I have a lot planned for my little business but currently I feel stuck on where to take it and what to do. Things are constantly changing with social media etc and it get’s really difficult to keep up with it all. However, social media is an amazing outlet for businesses right now & I believe I can make this business what I want it to be.
17. I am obsessed with hats. Gigi pip has the cutest hats EVER!
18. Pasta, pasta, pasta. Pasta is my fave food and will be forever. I also love Chipotle, Cafe Rio, Chic Fil A & Cheesecake Factory, but of course Edmonton has none of these places.
20. If I could live anywhere else in the world for a year, it would be Hawaii. The Hawaiian life looks pretty dang rad. Also doesn’t help that I follow a million Hawaiian bloggers like Lo Beeston who makes Hawaiian life look amazing.
21. I shoot with a Canon 5d Mark iii + Canon 5d Mark iv. My two lenses are prime lenses: the sigma 35 mm and the sigma 50 mm. I edit completely on Lightroom.
22. I am from Calgary & one day we will be back in Calgary. My husband has a least three years left of school here in Edmonton & after that we will see where we go.
23. I graduated with my bachelors in elementary education from the university of Alberta. Totally random when you think about my love for photography, but my love for educating is just as high.
24. We have big things coming this year!